1969 North Dakota State University, B.S., (Speech and Hearing)
1971 New Mexico State University, M.A. (Audiology)
1976 University of Denver, Ph.D., (Audiology)
1971-72 Clinical Audiologist, Brooke Army Medical Center
1972-73 Chief, Audiology and Speech Pathology, Brooke Army Medical Center
1973-76 Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Denver
1976-79 Chief, Audiology and Speech Pathology, Letterman Army Medical Center
1979-86 Chief, Audiology, Walter Army Reed Medical Center
1986-91 Chief, Audiology and Speech Pathology, Letterman Army Medical Center
1991-96 Owner and CEO, Poudre Valley Hearing Center, Fort Collins, CO
1991-2011 Contributing Editor, The Hearing Journal
1991-2008 Professor, Division of Hearing and Speech Sciences, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN.
2008-Pres. Professor (RET), Division of Hearing and Speech Sciences, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN.
1991-Pres Senior Consultant, WS Audiology
2011-Pres. Contributing Editor, AudiologyOnline.com
1991-Pres Research Associate, University of Northern Colorado, CO
2002-Pres. Graduate Faculty, Rush University, Chicago IL
2006-Pres. Consulting Editor, Hearing Aids Plural Publishing
2006-Pres. EarGuy at www.earTunes.com
• Editorial Board, Seminars In Hearing
• Editorial Board, Trends in Hearing
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND AWARDS
• Founder, American Academy of Audiology
• Distinguished Achievement Award, American Academy of Audiology
• President’s Award for Teaching Excellence, American Academy Audiology
• Founder and First President, Colorado Academy of Audiology
• Lifetime Achievement Award, Colorado Academy of Audiology
• Fellow, American Speech and Hearing Association
• DiCarlo Clinical Achievement Award, American Speech and Hearing Association
• Fellow, Military Audiology Association
• Legion of Merit, U.S. Army
• Outstanding Member, Military Audiology Association
• Outstanding Graduate Faculty Member, Gallaudet University
• Centennial Alumnus, New Mexico State University
National and State Conventions: Presented over 100 papers, seminars, short courses and podium papers at the annual meetings of the American Academy of Audiology and the American Speech and Hearing Association. Presented over 200 invited seminars and short courses at state audiology meetings, including 48 of 50 states.
International Meetings (partial listing): Invited speaker for audiology meetings in Adelaide, Ankara, Athens, Amsterdam, Auckland, Buenos Aries, Barcelona, Barossa, Bogotá, Brisbane, Calgary, Canberra, Christchurch, Copenhagen, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Halifax, Heidelberg, Hong Kong, Istanbul, Kingston, London, Manchester, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Monte Carlo, Nassau, Osaka, Oslo, Paris, Prague, Ponce, Quebec City, Queenstown, Rio de Janeiro, Rome, San Jose, San Juan, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Singapore, St. Lucia, Sydney, Sun City, Taipei, Tehran, Tokyo, Toronto, Vancouver, Venice, Victoria, and Warsaw.
You may view a complete list of Dr. Mueller’s publications including journal articles, book chapters, and books clicking here to download his vita in Word format.