H. Gustav Mueller - Vita
1969 North Dakota State University, B.S., (Speech and Hearing)
1971 New Mexico State University, M.A. (Audiology)
1976 University of Denver, Ph.D., (Audiology)
1971-72 Clinical Audiologist, Brooke Army Medical Center
1972-73 Chief, Audiology and Speech Pathology, Brooke Army Medical Center
1973-76 Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Denver
1976-79 Chief, Audiology and Speech Pathology, Letterman Army Medical
1979-86 Chief, Audiology, Walter Army Reed Medical Center
1986-91 Chief, Audiology and Speech Pathology, Letterman Army Medical Center
1991-96 Owner, Poudre Valley Hearing Center, Fort Collins, CO
1991-2011 Contributing Editor, The Hearing Journal
1991-Pres. Professor, Division of Hearing and Speech Sciences, Vanderbilt
University, Nashville, TN.
1991-Pres. Senior Consultant in Audiology, Siemens Hearing Instruments,
2011-Pres. Contributing Editor AudiologyOnline
1991-Pres Research Associate, University of Northern Colorado, CO
2002-Pres. Graduate Faculty, Rush University, Chicago IL
2006-Pres. Series Editor, Hearing Aids Plural Publishing
2006-Pres. EarGuy at www.earTunes.com
• Au.D. Advisory Board, Rush University
• Editorial Board, Seminars In Hearing
• Advisory Board, Better Hearing Institute
• Advisory Board, Audiology Awareness
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND AWARDS
• Founder, American Academy of Audiology
• Distinguished Achievement AWard, American Academy of Audiology
• Founder and First President, Colorado Academy of Audiology
• Fellow, American Speech and Hearing Association
• DiCarlo Clinical Achievement Award, American Speech and Hearing
• Fellow, Military Audiology Association
• Legion of Merit, U.S. Army
• Outstanding Member, Military Audiology Association
• Outstanding Graduate Faculty Member, Gallaudet University
• Centennial Alumnus, New Mexico State University
National Conventions: Presented over 100 papers, seminars and short courses
at the annual meetings of the American Academy of Audiology and the American
Speech and Hearing Association.
State Meetings: Presented over 200 seminars and short courses
at state audiology meetings. Served as keynote speaker at state audiology
meetings for 46 different states.
International Meetings: Invited keynote speaker for audiology
meetings in Athens, Auckland, Buenos Aries, Bogota, Brisbane, Canberra,
Kuala Lumpur, Halifax, Heidelberg, Hong Kong, Kingston, Manchester, Mexico
City, Monte Carlo, Paris, Rome, San Juan, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Singapore,
St. Lucia, Sydney, Taipei, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria.
You may view complete list of Dr. Mueller's publications including journal articles, book chapters, and books by clicking
here to download his vita in Word format.
Need to contact Gus Mueller?